The sister who taught these lessons is a woman I will never forget. She must have been in her eighties, her name was first Sister Jacobsen. A few years after moving to this ward we noticed a nice elderly gentleman accompanying Sister Jacobsen to church; he doted on her in the loveliest of ways! Soon their engagement was announced, and we were all thrilled for them both. I don't recall what Sister Jacobsen's new married name was, there are many things that I don't remember from those years. I can, however, tell you many things I do remember about this remarkable woman. Sister Jacobsen was a widow. She was our ward organist. She, even in her advancing years, never failed to sign up to take meals around to families/individuals in need in the ward. Sister Jacobsen had two daughters with handicaps that she took care of. She made sure that she and her daughters were at church every week!
What a hero! What an example of enduring to the end; and with a smile! She was always happy. I wonder how she is doing these days? I'm sure where ever she is she is still smiling, and still serving. She doesn't know that I was watching the things that she did for others. I didn't even know until years later. What an example.
Congratulations on your newest family member! I was delighted to discover your blog today, Melissa and Joe. You should be more noisy!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to read what's up in sunny Santa Rosa.
I had no idea you were on bed rest. So sorry I am glad that you are getting settled in Cali. Send me your address. we have something for the baby.
ReplyDelete